Tuesday 12 August 2014

PARP PARP

My Build Buddy, Pete, sent me a parcel containing MVSA compliant wing mirrors, a cowl for my little spotlight and most importantly a serious hole cutter for cutting the 52mm holes in my dashboard for the instruments.

Now that's the job I really want to get stuck into, but I feel the need to get all the little jobs out of the way first. Firstly I enlarged the hole in the small bulkhead panel that fouled the riv-nut that secured the silencer back to the side.


Whilst the top GRP barrel decking was off, I decided to apply the self adhesive, 3mm foam strip to the underside of all the bolted down panels that surround the back wheels. These panels have to be removable so that the back wheel can be accessed, but they also need to be sealed to stop water getting intro the storage areas either side of the wheel. I ran out of the foam strip as I was the placing first length on the underside of the lid to the electric box, this application is not to stop water egress, but to prevent it rattling. The other photo shows all of the rear panels stripped of plastic and bolted in place.


Now it was time to fit the wing mirrors, these rather ugly black jobs will be replaced with neater chrome ones once MVSA has been granted and of course my smashing little swiveling spot lamp, complete with cowl will have to be removed for MSVA.


I couldn't resist the 'Parp Parp' bulb horn, a snip at £14 on Ebay, again will have to come off for MSVA, but good fun. Still got a few more jobs to get sorted, before I get started on the dashboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment