Wednesday 20 August 2014

DOT DOT DASH

That's it all holes drilled, some needed a bit of filing. The hazard warning switch needed a large 30mm hole, so I used a smaller circular cutter and did some considerable filing, after which I realised that I had a 32mm stepped drill, that I had never used, anyway I ran it through to clean up the hole, but I could have saved myself a lot of energy,



The bottom trim was fitted and the completed dash was offered up, it didn't fit! The back of the Starter Button fouled the scuttle flange, but my jig saw quickly removed enough material and the dash settled back and the bolt holes lined up, so obviously nothing else was touching. Although I had earlier removed a crescent of the scuttle flange to allow the speedo to fit. Arthur would normally supply the dash with all the holes laser cut and the two main holes would be for 80mm instruments, but I particularly wanted to use the bikes, impressively big instruments, so space was a bit tight, but I think the look is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment