Monday 28 July 2014

BACK IN THE BOX

With the excitement of fitting my new steering wheel over, it was back to the electric box to finish making the connections. I started with the single cable from the oil pressure switch, I first slipped protective sheath over the full length of the wire and then a piece of heat shrink before I soldered the two wires together, the heat shrink was then slid over the joint and shrunk with a hot air gun.


The same treatment was given to the two cables from the brake warning light switch and finally to the three wires from the voltage regulator. I used plastic, split, corrugated sleeving to protect this run, in the photo you can see the three wires protuding through the sleeving, after I slid the short lengths of heat shrink over the joins and shrunk them, I tucked the cables back into the corrugated sleeve and job done. I have to admit it doesn't look quite as orderly as I would have liked, but I am happy that all the connections are secure and any way, it will only be me peering into the box and scratching my head when the engine won't start.




The last photo shows the finished box. just got to screw the lid down. My little gas soldering iron, on left of photo has proved itself more than man enough for this job and it's great not to have a trailing cable getting in the way, also it means I don't have to run my generator, until I need to use the hot air gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment