Friday 4 July 2014

SPOT ON

Yesterday I got to open my belated birthday present that my lovely wife bought me.

I actually saw just what I wanted whilst on holiday, on Ebay. "Buy It Now" for £80; a Raydyot Pillar Mounted Spot Light. I've been watching these on auctions, but have not been near a computer when bidding came to an end. The good ones sell for around a £100, so this one seemed a bargain. I had it delivered to my step daughter and yesterday I found, to my delight, it is as good a bargain as I had hoped.


It was still in it's original box with fitting instructions and has obviously never been used, the chrome is spotless and the cable untrimmed. These lights used to be fitted to Vauxhall Crestas and Ford Zodiacs, I don't think Morgan three wheelers ever sported them, but I think it will help to give Marjorie a classic vintage look. I hope my Build Buddy, Pete, doesn't mind.as I know he has fitted one to his car, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and it it too good a look not to try and copy.


In the post today, arrived the 100ml syringe and tube, again ordered fro Ebay, just the job for getting oil into tucked away filler holes, my wife asked me to get it out of her sight as it brought back uncomfortable memories.


The other job done to day was to trim the mesh grill so that it would clear the rocker breather pipes and trial fit it to the engine cowl. Just a couple more adjustments to be made and I will be able to permanently glue it to the cowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment