Friday 11 July 2014

OIL INJECTION

EP 80/90 oil is required for both gearboxes and the final drive and one litre should, just about do them all. I started with the reversing gearbox. I poured a quantity of oil into a clean jar and sucked up 100ml into my new syringe and attached the tube. I slowly pumped it into the box, when the syringe was empty I went back to the jar and pulled another 25ml into the syringe and that also was pushed into the box. Hardly a drop needed to be wiped up after I had tightened the filler bolt. I realised that I could have shortened the tube, but I thought it best to wait until all the boxes had been filled and then I would know exactly how much tubing each one needed.


For the final drive I didn't need to use the tubing as I had access, for the present, from the open rear end of the car. I used two syringe fulls before the oil started to dribble out of the fill hole, that's the only way you can tell when the oil is at the correct level, so a little bit of mopping required.

I have still to drain the main gearbox, but I will leave that until the engine is running and I can warm the oil prior to draining.


Final job for the day was to trim the aluminium dash as it was slightly proud of the scuttle in a few sections. I marked around the top of the scuttle with a marker pen onto he back of the dash. Using the angle grinder I cut back to the black line, the dreadnought file followed by emery paper left a neat edge.



I refitted the dash and inserted the rubber P strip marking where the bolt holes needed to be punched.
That done, dash and strip was bolted up, leaving, I think, a smart finish. Just got to attach the bottom of the dash to a cross member and I am going to use some short lengths of ali tubing as spacers, but not today

No comments:

Post a Comment