Friday 6 June 2014

SHROUDED

Yep, I realise that readers are more interested in my three wheeler build than my old Guzzi, but if it hadn't been my love of the Guzzi engine, I probably wouldn't have even thought about building a three wheeler. Also thanks to Ryan Kealy for his positive comments, soon be posting proper blog, hang on in there.

But final update on the old girl, I did get around to changing the instrument shrouds and on removal of the old ones I saw that the warning light housing which supports the shrouds was badly damaged; this would account for the instruments jiggling about at speed.



Fortunately as well as the shrouds, I brought with me from the donor bike, the warning light housing and after carefully noting which warning light went where, I removed the eight lights from the damaged housing and installed them in the undamaged housing.


Final result is smart shiny shrouds and instruments that will remain readable at speed.

Regarding Marjorie, I have moved things on a bit whilst in France. I had an email from B-G Racing to say that their detachable steering boss is back in stock. I had previously arranged with Moto-Lita that if I sent them the boss they would make a four spoke wheel to fit the six hole boss. B-G have shipped the boss today to be delivered directly to Moto-Lita and hopefully by the time I return to Blighty the wheel and boss will be there ready for me, once fitted I can make final adjustments to where the switches, warning lights and instruments will fit on the dash.

2 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation however I find this matter to be really one thing
    which I believe I would by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely extensive for me.
    I'm taking a look ahead for your next submit, I will try to get the dangle of it!


    Feel free to visit my web page - Forskolin cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Mac- you have left Marjorie in the dark for long enough. It is time to pay her the attention she deserves and, well, I really would like to see your project finished. I hope all is well.
    Doug W(Cdn)

    ReplyDelete