Sunday 25 May 2014

RE-CYCLED

As regular followers know, I keep my old faithful Guzzi California, out in France and I thought it would be a good idea to bring her, style wise, a little more up to date from parts from my donor Guzzi.

As the weather is a bit mixed, it was good to have something to occupy my hands rather than soaking up the rain. I brought with me from the UK a few bits and bobs and started with the front indicators, removing the rather ugly rectangular one and replacing with smarter bullet ones.



I didn't have to mess about with the wiring, the terminals all matched up, so the next day I set about changing the rear light cluster. The worst part was getting the square rubber grommets back into either end of the rear fender, but again the wiring connector block plugged straight in. So much smarter than the chunky old one.



Whilst the sun did shine I washed and polished the bike until it gleamed, but forgot to take a photo, so the following two shots, taken today under a cloudy sky, don't show it sparkling, but despite her age she still looks good and rides a treat and while the roads are dry, I may go for a ride this afternoon.



However the bikes instrument shrouds are cracked and have lost there sparkle and the ones from the donor bike cleaned up a treat so if the sun don't come out soon, I'll change them over.

No comments:

Post a Comment