Tuesday 20 May 2014

A TRIP TO CHROMER

Well not the one in Norfolk, obviously, wrong spelling, but the one in Basildon. I had a phone call last week from Chrome Spray asking if I was in a hurry for my nose cone as they were not happy with the finish. I replied that if they weren't happy then I probably wouldn't be either. Apparantly the base coat had a very slight orange peel which didn't show until the chrome and lacquer had been applied.




A week later I collected it and it looked perfect. As Simon of Chrome Spray said 'their reputation depends on the finished article looking as if it had been chrome plated, not sprayed' and they had rubbed it right back and started again. Well done guys, have a look at their web sight, there is a fascinating video clip of the spraying process. http://www.chromespray.co.uk. All safely bubble wrapped and stored until I am ready to permanently refit the nose to the car.


The other small chrome parts that arrived in the post, were the pair of hinges for the front glove box lid. These took a fair bit of Ebay searching, but realising that there were called butterfly hinges helped to narrow down the search. Fitting those has joined the long list of jobs waiting to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, it will definitely make your car stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mac

    That nose looks superb, I'll definitely try one now. Will discuss it when we catch up. Enjoy your hols!

    ReplyDelete