Friday 20 September 2013

DOWN TO THE NUTS AND BOLTS

Not able to do anything more to the car until the chassis is flipped over, in the the meantime I did a bit more stripping of the donor Moto Guzzi.

Off came the petrol tank, after draining out the fuel, in the photo you can just make out the masking tape tab attached to a wire, with the legend 'Petrol Warning Light', the first of many such labels that will be attached as the wiring loom is eventually removed. The exhaust down pipes, followed by the air filter box and battery tray were then removed, the carburetters were next, but the throttle and choke cables took a bit of thought before they could be released from the handlebar control, got there in the end with out having to resort to wire snips.



I was puzzling about how I would eventually remove the engine and gearbox from the frame, the workshop manual says that a supporting cradle is attached to the engine, the frame and front wheel is then lifted and rolled forward, up and over the engine. I can now at least see where all the engine mounting positions are and as I don't have a cradle I intend to to use an engine crane to suspend the engine whilst I remove the bolts and then hopefully lower the engine to the ground, we shall see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment