Tuesday 3 September 2013

SPRAYED OFF

I collected the swing arm and brake back plate from the sprayers today, they look great. The back plate is still wrapped in bubble wrap, but the guy in the paint shop said 'he had done a little baking, but it was only done a few hours earlier and he would rather not wrap the swing arm in case in left marks'. I laid it in the boot and drove home carefully. The photo shows it laid on a dust sheet and tomorrow I will wrap it and store it safely until the floor plate has been riveted on.


Talking of which, I have now marked out where most of the holes need to be drilled for the rivets, every 50mm, each mark has been dot punched and a pilot hole drilled into the alli. Just need to finish off and hopefully the 4.9mm drill bits should arrive soon.

I have also order from Ebay an air riveter, as my trial rivet with a 4.8 rivet, using the usual pop rivet gun required an enormous amount of effort. Several hundred rivets need to in place before the sealant goes off and I realised that I was going to need some extra muscle to do the job quickly, it should arrive in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment