Saturday 7 September 2013

DELIVERANCE

It all arrived in the same post amazing! Four 4.9 drill bits, air riveter gun and the 20mm, replacement swing arm pins, which have been stored with the freshly painted, swing arm ready for fitting as soon as the chassis is back up the right way.


The drill bits were put to immediate use and half of the holes have been drilled ready for the rivets. There was just enough air left in my baby compressor to try out the air riveter and boy did it bang home those big 4.8 rivets, my Ebay purchase was great value at just over half the price than the same gun at Machine Mart.  Unfortunately my 2.5kw generator isn't man enough to power up the compressor, I have tried it out with a 50m extension lead, plus another 25m of cable and despite my concern about voltage drop it seemed to work fine. However I am still about 15m short of my garage, so I have ordered another 50m reel. I had originally considered putting in a permanent electricity supply, but the armoured cable would have cost in excess of £600 and the final cost would probably be over £1000, by the time a trenching tool had been hired, and a professional electrician had connected it all up, so 80 quid for a couple of extension leads, seemed the best way to go, especially as my genny powers up every other tool that I need.

Another 120 holes to drill and then I can get riveting.

No comments:

Post a Comment