Sunday 1 September 2013

BOTTOMS UP

At last I was able to recruit some chums to come over and help me to turn the chassis upside down, ready to drill and rivet the bottom floor pan on.

I had already stripped off the scuttle, cowling and rear cover from the chassis, tided up tool and bits and bobs from the floor pan, which was loosely bolted onto the chassis and would obviously stay attached as the chassis was turned  I tried lifting one end off the trestles and thought 'no problem' three of us should be easily able to lift it.






 Frank and John arrived early in the evening, keen and ready to earn their promised refreshment and with Jacquie standing by with the camera, we lifted the chassis and backed it out of the garage and let it down onto its side, on to a board I had positioned in readiness. I readjusted the trestles and as we lifted we turned the chassis bottom up, walked it back into the garage and let it back down onto the trestles. A little packing was needed for the end trestle and all was secure.


Job done, beer and nibble for everyone, thanks guys. Next week I can get on with marking out where I need to drill for the 4.8mm rivets, but first I must order some 4.9 drill bits, I am sure that a 5mm bit would be fine, but better do the job properly, Ebay here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment