Friday 21 February 2014

BRAKES ON

The last thing to connect to the pedal box has been the brake cylinder, I was waiting for a clevis to arrive by post. The helpful chap at CBS told me that the thread on the rod is M8. most connecting rods have a 5/16 UNF thread, but I found a supplier on Ebay and a M8 threaded one arrived yesterday. I had to shorten the rod and cut a bit more thread, but it is in place now.



I attached both front and rear brake lines to the master cylinder and clipped them to the side of the pedal box with riv-nuts and bolts, but the line to the rear brake appears to be about twelve inches short off the rear bulkhead, so I will need to order a short length of line and a connector. As I don't have front suspension yet there is nothing to connect to, but hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment