Saturday 11 January 2014

CHRISTMAS BLING

Happy New Year to anyone reading this post and to celebrate it I have attached three of my wife's Christmas presents to the car.

First on was the Spread Eagle bonnet mascot, not quite the same, but very similar to Moto Guzzi's eagle motif that I applied to the alternator cover.Then the replica RAC and AA badges were pop riveted on, just to add a bit of nostalgia, those were the days, when a patrolman would snap a smart salute to a passing car bearing the appropriate badge

 

 



Next job is to make the luggage rack for the back of the car. I have a length of African hard wood, which my circular saw will cut down the middle to create the supports for the ali strips. The hard bit will be getting the underside of the wood to the same curvature of the GRP back panel, but I am sure I'll get there in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mac,

    Still following progress on your MG3 with interest.

    One or two things I feel I should point out.

    You might want to reconsider riveting-on the badges. The MSVA tester will in all likelihood deem them dangerous - especially on the front of your car - due the the badge edges not meeting minimum radius requirements. I have my own AA, RAC and Morgan 3-wheeler club badges (plus headlamp visors and stone guards) stashed safely aside till after my MG3 passes MSVA.

    Hope you've made you radiator mascot removable too. 'Cause that'll definitely have to be removed for the MSVA test.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete