Sunday 22 December 2013

SCREENS 1 & 2

Not much inducement to get out into the cold damp garage at the moment, but there were a couple of jobs I wanted to get done before Christmas.

The rubber bobbins, I had got from EBay, for mounting the coil pack were in danger of getting lost, so I thought it wise to decide the best place for them and get the job done, only four holes to drill, didn't take long, just had to ensure the coils cleared the closed bonnet and that the HT leads had an unobstructed run to the plugs.


In lieu of anything else important to do I ordered a pair of Aero Screens, Brooklands style. £55 each, excellent, although the aluminium frames will need a bit more polishing, but as you probably know by now, I like polishing. I took my time in measuring and marking where the holes for the support brackets needed to be and then drilled them using a 4.5m drill for the 4ba bolts which would allow a little wriggling room for alignment. I made up four brass backing plates out of an old letter box internal flap, to spread the load on the underside of the scuttle. Job done, starting to look the biz.







Hopefully the New Year will bring forth steering and suspension parts from Arthur and allow me to move things on, in the meantime I will make a start on sorting out the wiring loom.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to anybody out there who happens to have nothing better to do than read my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment