Monday 25 January 2016

BRRR BRRR

Obviously Marjorie hasn't been out and about much recently, but we did join in the London to Brighton Veternan Car Rally, on Sunday 1st November. With Jacquie by my side I sneaked into the parade at Purley, on a classic misty November morning, but at least it was dry. We planned to meet up with Jacquie's sons inlaws at Hooley, in their lovely red Triumph TR3a, a slight hiccup there, but we got together a bit further up the A23



We rejoined the procession of cars, ancient and modern, acknowledging the cheers, handclaps, smiles and thumbs up, on the way, well  I assumed they were meant for Marjorie and I responded with lots of parp parps from my hooter.

It was very slow going as anybody who had any kind of car that they wanted to show off, had joined the cavalcade and it must have been hard work for the seriously old veterans.



We continued almost to Crawley, before we bailed out and found a pub for lunch, before heading back home. A good day in good company, what fun.

The third Saturday in the month is now sacrascant, there is a breakfast meet at a the Botley Hill Pub, not far from me and gradually a few more cars and drivers show up, about fifteen or so. On the 16th of January it was only the true enthusiast who showed up as the temperature was below freezing, but clad in my ski thermals Marjorie and I ventured out as soon as the sun was above the horozion.



Only about seven cars this day and just one other driver who kept his roof down, at least his car had a heater. Interesting cars and owners and a lively discussion was had over sausage or bacon baps in the Sheep Shed at the side of the car park; the pub not opening for breakfast during January.





 As you can see it was a seriously cold day, but Marjorie fired up on the first jab of the button. I had put a few pounds into each tyre the previous day and considering the state of the road, she felt well planted, I can't wait for more pleasant driving condition and I think Brighton seefront is calling.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you’re both out and about in Marjorie! Stay warm! Carol and George xx

    ReplyDelete