Tuesday 13 January 2015

A MORGAN CHRISTMAS

You might remember that last Christmas bought me an AA and RAC badges and an eagle for the bonnet. Christmas presents this year were definitely Morgan inspired. Morgan driving gloves, calender and mug from family members and from my wife a wooden gear leaver knob with a Morgan insert and a superb MAC radiator badge, The Midland Automobile Club no less, bought whilst we were at the Goodwood Revival Meeting and better than a personalised number plate.



Other jobs completed was the final electrical connections to the rear lights and the carpeting and fixing in place of the transmission tunnel. When I bought from Arthur the seat back and squabs, he also provided me with enough carpet for the tunnel and a piece cut and trimmed for the passenger footwell. This area now looks like a nice place to be. Before I riveted left side of the tunnel to the chassis. I cut the carpet to size, once riveted I warmed the ali panels with my hot air gun and sprayed both the ali and the carpet with Bostick impact adhesive and after a few minutes pressed them together.


The right hand side of the tunnel is bolted into place, so that it can be removed to access prop and reversing gearbox if necessary; this meant I was able to cut and glue the carpet indoors, well actually I sprayed the glue outside, but was able to press the carpet and ali panels together in the warmth.

I think the Launch Lunch will now be after we return from skiing in early February, but still a few things to do in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment