Thursday 27 November 2014

BACK BRAKING

Both front wheels are now fitted, although there was a slight hiccough with the left wheel. The rubber bellows on the top ball joint had split open and when I removed it to replace it, I noticed that the taper of the threaded shaft of the ball joint was a loose fit in the tapered top hat. A trip to Arthur's confirmed that I had a faulty top hat and he immediately replaced it with one of the correct size. fortunately the split rubber highlighted this problem, before the wheels hit the ground.


I had previously fitted the back wheel complete with the original Brembo calliper and back plate, but this didn't allow for a hand braking. A call to Alan at Triking, who had supplied my Brookland silencers, was able to resolve this problem with a hydro/mechanical calliper and a special back plate. I posted, last Friday, the rear brake disc to Triking to allow Alan to get the proper alignment of plate and spacer tube and on Monday I had an email to say it was ready and on Thursday it arrived  complete with pads and handbrake cable. Wow that's seriously efficient.

   

 

I did a trial fit to the back wheel and it was perfect, with just enough clearance where it was needed. Alan had sent the back plate unpainted in case I had to make some minor adjustments, but as all was fine, I removed it and gave the plate several coats of smooth black Hammerite. 


Its all back in place now and I am awaiting a 12mm banjo so that I can connect the brake hose to the calliper and get those brakes bled.

No comments:

Post a Comment