Tuesday 2 August 2016

THE FULL CIRCLE

The day has come to say farewell to Marjorie, a year earlier than I expected it has to be said. The first show that I took Marjorie along to with Jacquie my wife, in this sad summer was the Bromley Pagent, where I introduced her, Jacquie that is, to a friend from the Saturday Classic Car Breakfast Meet. What Russ doesn't know about Triumph Stags isn't worth knowing and he was on the Stag stand as the Tech Guru. Russ said there were a couple of Stags up for sale amongst the many that were displayed.

Jacquie remembered falling in love with the Stag when they first appeared on the streets, over 40 years ago, and now she was tempted by a beautifully restored yellow one that was available for sale. However Russ knowing my need to wield spanners pointed us to a mechanically sound, but rather tired white Mk2 that was also up for sale at a much more affordable price, which should leave plenty of spare cash to bring her up to scratch once I had sold Marjorie.



I made an arrangement to properly view the car the following week at the owners home. Come that day, following a lengthy test drive, the price was agreed and a deposit cheque left with a promise to collect the car in a month's time, hopefully enough time to find a new home for Marge.

After two abortive EBay sales I was contact by John who had been bidding, but with no one bidding against him the sale fizzled out. Anyhow John was keen to come for a test drive and knowing the proper value of such things was willing to pay my asking price, less a small allowance for transporting Marjorie back to Staffordshire from whence John hails.

John was chuffed to bits when a few days later he got to meet Marjorie in the metal and after being taken for a ride, in a positive way, the deal was done. Which brings us to where we are today.



Goodbye Marjorie, Welcome Stella. Jacquie says I am heartless. So as the title said , Full Circle, and  photos show Marjorie, when she was just a twinkle arriving on a trailer, and departing on one as a fully grown lady, bearing a brass plaque showing her provenance and just to proove how heartless I am, a picture of Stella stealing into the garage that was home for Marjorie for just a little over three years



I know that John will use Marjorie to her full potential and with his engineering back ground will have no trouble in looking after her. And although I was quite sad to see her depart down the drive, I am itching to start work on Stella Stag and a long shopping and To Do list has already been drawn up.. Keep Watching this space, because as you might expect I will be setting up a Stella blog and detailing what will probably be another two year project to get her the way I would like to.

1 comment:

  1. Hi both, sorry to see that Marjorie has been sold but as I always say … there’s nothing like a new adventure! Good luck with Stella, looking forward to seeing the transition! x

    ReplyDelete