Monday 22 June 2015

ON SHOW

The Croydon Classic Car Show, organised by the Croydon Whitgift Rotary Club and held at the Rotary Field in Purley, Surrey on Sunday the 21st June, This date has been my aiming point, since I was invited to enter Marjorie over a year ago.

I thought I had plenty of time to finish the build, pass the MOT and MSVA tests and get Marjorie registered before the show. Having posted off all the required documentation to DVLA on May 5th and allowing the four to six weeks that DVLA said was the time required for registration, I thought 'no problem', how wrong I was. After three frustrating, weekly chase up calls, on the 19th June a letter dated the 10th arrived from DVLA, stating that to process my application they required my license fee. A positive move at last, but we are now entering the seventh week and obviously it is going to be a while before registration is complete.


 
However I was not going to let this situation stop me from driving a little over the one mile to the showground and at 9.30 am I was waved into my designated spot sandwiched between three Teal Bugatti's and a trio of Riley's





Jacquie did join me in Marjorie for the cavalcade around the ground, but thought she was better suited behind the wheel of a Lamborghini or one of the Buggatti's. I had during the last few weeks done several finishing touches, like the MARJORIE front number plate and the 'SuperSport' insignia at the rear. Marjorie was much admired, but the one comment that was repeated many time over, was, "Don't paint her, she looks great as she is". I think I will take that advise and save a chunk of money.



There was one other three wheeler, a Citroen engined Lomax, at the show and I was very impressed with a shortend MINI.


Jacquie, Duggie the dog and several chums enjoyed the very well organised event, as did many others, especially as the weather was much better than forcasted  Whilst we waited in the car to join the cavalcade, Jacquie took several short video clips, but most were over the 100MB maximum allowable size and as I have yet to learn how to edit a video, I have just loaded up this little clip as a taster.

 
With Duggie on Jacquie's lap we all drove the short trip home and Jacquie's response, when asked, was "That was fun, not at all scary" and Dug obviously enjoyed the wind in his hair experience, a very good end to an exciting first day out with Marjorie.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mac,
    Im interest your center mirror.
    where shop you bought that mirror?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mirror came from www.carbuildersolutions.com
      The black thick edge is additional rubber molding for safety MSVA test, it was removed after passing the test.
      Cheers Mac

      Delete