Tuesday 6 August 2013

DONOR MOTO

Back home at last after nearly six weeks away, the newly installed irrigation system has kept the garden alive and my Morgan project was patiently awaiting some attention.


The last of the rivet holes have been drilled in the chassis, except in the floor panel, I need some extra muscle to help me turn the chassis over before I can attend to that, but in the meantime I located a 1995 California 1100 down in South Wales and last Saturday I boarded a Great Western train from Paddington to go and collect and ride the bike back home. I had been assured that she was in excellent mechanical order and she was, she also looked great, seems a shame to break her, but some of the leftovers, handlebar switch gear, for instance, will be used to bring my French bike up to date and the rest put on EBay



The ride back was smoothly uneventful, apart from a heavy shower of rain encountered between Bristol and Swindon, I checked the speedo regularly and continually had to reign her back in from 90 mph plus, proving that she is an ideal donor for the Morgan.

First job will be to removed back wheel and suspension, but first some gardening to be reluctantly attended to.


No comments:

Post a Comment