Saturday 8 June 2013

IT'S ARRIVED

SATURDAY 8TH JUNE 2013

Not quite the end of the month, but Tuesday 4th of June was delivery day and just after three pm. Arthur and two chums came up the drive in a white van drawing a trailer with my kit strapped securely to it.



My friend, Colin had come to help with the unloading and four of us comfortable lifted it from the trailer onto my trestles. It looks as if I should have enough working room, but I will need to turn it around when it is time to fit the front suspension, but that's some while away.



All the aluminium bulkheads and panels have been loosely fitted, with the odd pop rivet or bolt here, but still requiring me to drill a myriad holes in various sizes. The fibre glass sections look to be of superb quality, very substantial and rigid.



I have now drilled all the rivet holes in the left hand bottom panel and it is held in place by 'cleco' pins, fitted to alternative rivet holes. Theses are a secure but temporary form of rivet as none of the panels should be bonded and riveted permanently in place until all mechanical, electrical, fuel and braking systems have been installed tested, way to go yet!

1 comment:

  1. Not keen on the colour Mac! (tongue in cheek!) Carol RnR

    ReplyDelete